Grants for staff of Mahtomedi PUblic Schools
The Mahtomedi Area Educational Foundation provides grants to Mahtomedi Public Schools employees in three categories:
Hansen Inspired Teacher Grants are available to licensed staff to pay for education and enrichment opportunities that do not lead to a degree. Applications for a Hansen Inspired Teacher Grant may also include the cost of materials and resources necessary to bring the learning to fruition within the classroom. Hansen Inspired Teacher Grants are available because of a generous donation from Jim Hansen, former teacher and School Board Chair at Mahtomedi Public Schools and former MAEF Board Member.
MAEF Grants are available to licensed staff to pay for materials that will enrich classroom educational opportunities. MAEF Grants are available because of generous donations from community members.
Oliver's Fund Grants are available to employees to pay for programs that support students in the following areas: increase mental wellness, create a sense of community and belonging, and/or raise awareness of the important issues of depression and suicide. Oliver's Fund grants are available because of generous donations from the friends and family of Oliver Zlonis and community members who share their passion for mental wellness.
Additional criteria and guidelines for funding are included in the application materials.
- Oliver's Fund Grant applications are due by January 20, 2017.
Please note the deadline has moved from October 1, 2016 to January 20, 2017.
- Hansen Inspired Teacher and MAEF Grant applications are due by 5:00 PM, January 20, 2017.
Before you begin:
- Any request involving technology requires an in-person meeting with a Technology Department staff person prior to making your application - all technology related applications are forwarded to the Mahtomedi Public Schools Technology Department to ensure this criteria has been met.
- All requests require the validation of a building principal. All applications are forwarded to building principals to ensure this criteria has been met.
- Review guidelines and complete a draft of your application HERE